Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Environment - complaints to MPAJ, suggestions and discussions

+6
Kamal H5
anna wong
Abu Bakar Zainal
azah
Nash
bh
10 posters

Go down

Environment - complaints to MPAJ, suggestions and discussions Empty Environment - complaints to MPAJ, suggestions and discussions

Post by bh Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:26 pm

dear all,

im staying at jalan hilir 6, lately i notice a lot of rats running around my car porch area or my small little garden during day and night. and the rats are all very big size! eventhough there are a lot of cats in our neighbourhood but it seem the cats have no effect on eliminating the rats and the number of rats is increasing... i wonder the rest of you facing similar problems not.
can any one give a good suggestion on how to get rid of these rats.

bh

Back to top Go down

Environment - complaints to MPAJ, suggestions and discussions Empty Re: Environment - complaints to MPAJ, suggestions and discussions

Post by raymondl Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:11 pm

I was told the breeding places for the rats are the uncover sewage manhole at the backlanes.

raymondl

Back to top Go down

Environment - complaints to MPAJ, suggestions and discussions Empty Re: Environment - complaints to MPAJ, suggestions and discussions

Post by Nash Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:23 pm

i have a same problem.. they big as a cow..
I have tried to call pest control, and feed em' with rat poison, no success..
Nash
Nash

Back to top Go down

Environment - complaints to MPAJ, suggestions and discussions Empty Ratz....

Post by azah Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:35 am

hi and salam
i bought myself a mouse trap....the square wired kind of cage....so far i hv caught 3 BIG ones....oh yes...i served them "ikan masin" ...maybe you guys can try it too...

May the force be with US...hehehehe
azah
azah

http://www.klasiber.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nash Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:44 am

azah wrote:hi and salam
i bought myself a mouse trap....the square wired kind of cage....so far i hv caught 3 BIG ones....oh yes...i served them "ikan masin" ...maybe you guys can try it too...

May the force be with US...hehehehe
beli kat mana trap tu?
ada tak kat kedai hardware sebelah jambatan tu?
Nash
Nash

Back to top Go down

Environment - complaints to MPAJ, suggestions and discussions Empty Ratz....

Post by azah Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:59 am

yes...u can get it from Zul's hardware shop kat gerai Goreng Pisang tu ...... murah je
azah
azah

Back to top Go down

Post by bh Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:31 am

i have try all the mouse trap, mouse glue and the poison also.. but can only manage to catch a few! and they are getting smarter now.
btw, azah.. is the "ikan masin" can really work?

bh

Back to top Go down

Environment - complaints to MPAJ, suggestions and discussions Empty ikan masin

Post by azah Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:39 am

hi and good morning to all

well bruno...so far it works for me ...but my husband think that we should serve them something special this time.....Cheese! hahahahaha
azah
azah

Back to top Go down

Post by Abu Bakar Zainal Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:32 pm

Rats problem can complain to MPAJ cause it only happen when there are lot of food for the rats (Sampah not collected on time).

Hopefully we make a call to MPAJ and complaint about it. More people complains that better. TQ.

Abu Bakar Zainal

Back to top Go down

Environment - complaints to MPAJ, suggestions and discussions Empty Rats Wonderland

Post by anna wong Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:29 pm

Dear fellow residents,

You are right about many rats and as big as cats. Besides, complaining to MPAJ on timely at 3 times a week rubbich collection, I suppose residents must play their parts in ensuring that their respective dustbins are securely closed as the rats or even the cats are intelligent enough to make their way into the bins to rummage. I have noticed that many a times, dustbins are left open (without securing the lids) or worst still, bags of rubbish left by the side of the houses.

Of course, we have also to deal with vagabonds rummaging for collectables (so to say) and most of the time leaving the rubbish/dustbin chamber and rubbish bags wide open. Through experience, the rats are flexible enough to squeeze through the narrow gap of the chamber doors at the bottom. My husband resorted to hammering a piece of wood to narrow the said gap hence preventing the rats from getting into the closed chamber and having fun time.

Hence, I suppose if each and eveyone of us residents are to ensure that our rubbish are securely placed preventing breeding ground for the rats, it is a better effort to rid of them.

Many a times, I have seen even my neighbouring residents rubbish being left to the desire of the rats. I have voiced to their maids and the rubbish was cleared and very soon it is back to square one. I suppose it is the mentality of each of everyone of us that counts.

I would very much want to establish a ad-hoc team just to look into the environmental issues, and of course rats of one of the main subject. Perhaps, the general committee can call upon a meeting inviting volunteers to assist in the different portfolios for the betterment of the Taman. Please count my hubby, son and me in.

Regards. David/Anna/Daryl Lee. 66, Jalan Hilir 4

anna wong

Back to top Go down

Environment - complaints to MPAJ, suggestions and discussions Empty CPT - Cat Patrol Team

Post by Tiki Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I read with much amuse the many "adventure" of R..A..T..z.... in our community.....

Like to share that I also had quite an experience with these beady eyes creatures..... 3 of it to be precise....
One morning, as I was getting ready to drive off to work, my maid came to me with a avery worried look on her face....muttering, On checking, I came to realize that she discovered 3 mice inside our empty dustbin as she was jnust about to throw fresh rubbish into it..... she closed it back and asked me what to do....

You know, its scarier when you cannot see the mice but know they are inside... In my mind, these were "HUGE"... hesistantly, I lifted the lid and true enough, 6 pairs of beady eyes and lots of squeaks... All three of them looking straight at me, trying to get out.......

I told my maid to get rid of them, do something, Instead, she told me... "No Ma'am, in the Philipine, we believe, if we are not successful in killing them, they will come back and take revenge, i.e. bite your clothes..."

Actually, its not human nature to kill, even though rats. I suggest we all get our cats together, leash them and organise CAT PAtrol Team instead..... Like someone said, Anna, I think, there are plenty of cats in our neighbourhood, let them do their job. Problem is, we tend to feed these cats, domestic or strays ones with left over food, so, they become very comfortable and don;t do their job, not to mention, litter our back lanes and flower pots with their poops..... So..o...ooo, I SAy, stop or reduce the free food, so the cats are hungry enough to return to their natural instinct, to hunt tdown these pest.... Give them a chance to serve the community!!!!

Tiki

Back to top Go down

Post by Nash Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:16 pm

all I know about these cats are they always sleep on my car and scratch the bonet all over the place... Twisted Evil
Nash
Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamal H5 Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:32 am

the cats nowdays are scared of the rats.... Cool

Kamal H5

Back to top Go down

Post by brunong1998 Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:10 pm

I have stayed here for more than 10 years... I still remembered the environemnt, it was cleaner, brighter etc... nowadays, when I come home, it is like coming back to a jungle, no wonder rats love it... I think we need to tidy this place up --- just look at the road... they dig, and they keep digging no end,,,, now, they look more like roads going up the hill somewhere... like the road going to Bukit Brinchang. Aiya... we need to spend some $$$ to clean and fence up this community --- I can tell you even the cats are running scared - they have to sleep on top of my car, on the bonnet... Sad

brunong1998

Back to top Go down

Environment - complaints to MPAJ, suggestions and discussions Empty MY PROBLEM IS CATS

Post by dana Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:00 pm

Hi,

I live at Hilir 6.... I do not have rat problems becoz I think my neighbour a nursery has too many cats.

Anyway is a nursery allowed in between the houses. Should not they be at corner lots. This particular nursery has a house full of cats. I wonder why parents who leave their children there are not worried about the presence of so many cats.

The cats sleep in every nook and corner of the house even in the room where the babies are kept. They shit all over our compund and make that "eerie" cries and it gets so irritating especially at night.

dana

Back to top Go down

Environment - complaints to MPAJ, suggestions and discussions Empty SMELL POLUTION

Post by thomaswong Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:18 am

I am staying in 57 Hilir 5 and I would like to share some frustrations I faced almost every week.

a) Over the weekend, when we hope to have a relaxing day, somebody/someone always throws out raw fish remains that stinks the whole area very bad. The fishy smell is so bad that I have to keep my doors & windows closed for the whole day. It happens without fail every weekend. I have difficulty detecting the source. If anybody where it is from, pls share with us, so that we can ask the owner to be more considerate. I am sure I am not the only one suffering

b) Most of the time the garbage truck collects the garbage at our area, they compressed the garbage causing the water residue to drip down on the road. This also causes very foul stentch that can kill your day.

I am sure there are friends who shares the same frustrations. Appreciate some thoughts or ideas to counter these problems

thomaswong

Back to top Go down

Environment - complaints to MPAJ, suggestions and discussions Empty Foul Smell

Post by yas Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:18 pm

I live on Hilir 6, right in front of the Indah Water Tank and close to the big drain that runs in front of our house to the other end. I had complained many times to MPAJ and Alam Flora but nothing has been done till today. The drain water doesn't run and its become a breeding ground for mosquitoes and other flies which is very smelly, that we have to keep all our doors closed and stay in as in a cage. The Indah Water is no different it also causes smell but no one is prepared to do anything about it and the wonderful thing is that Angsana Hilir residents are very patient actually they are less bothered about these issuses and happy to just live the way things are.

I am glad finally, some of the residents have created a website to voice our issues, hope we can see something fruitful.

yas

Back to top Go down

Environment - complaints to MPAJ, suggestions and discussions Empty Foul smell from Indah water tretment plant

Post by raymondl Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:42 pm

Hi Yas,

I hope the environment subcommittee can pick up this issue which was missed in our highlight to YB Iskandar and include in our appeal letter.

Beside the above appeal letter, I would suggest that the affected houseowners should also write or email to Indah Water as well as Department of environment immediately and forward a copy of your complaints to one of the subcommittee members for follow up as well. Indah Water can be charged in court if DOE sampling test of the efflunet taken do not comply with the environmental guidelines.

I hope Yas will communicate with your immediate neighbours to jointly submit the complaints immediately. Believe me, it is effective. Better still, if you can also call and identify the persons in charge in both Indah Water and DOE.

As for the committee, we will take up the issues in an organised way and seeking for permanant solutions and may not spend as much time in an immediate manner. So, please do not wait for each other. Thanks.

raymondl

Back to top Go down

Environment - complaints to MPAJ, suggestions and discussions Empty Environment Issues

Post by anna wong Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:58 pm

Dear residents,

I always believed that any improvement within our Taman have to start from the residents themselves. We have to be proactive and have a sense of social responsibility towards the betterment of our taman and our neighbours. Let us all start with ourselves and have a change of mentality.

I suppose if we can all agree that we will not do anything that we do not expect others to do upon us, is a good start. We all have in one way or another experienced inconsiderate neighbours may it be dogs shitting in front of your house, converting the fenced up area behind the house into outdoor kitchen and obstructing the passage way which is an escape route (i always thot that we can all work towards having a playground for the young kids to cycle or play or even a garden at the back of the house), leaving bags of garbage in the open for the rats and cats to rummage (then blamed on the infrequent and irregular dustbin collection), renovation works that inevitably caused damage to neighbouring houses (no words of apology let alone making it good), breeding cats by tossing leftovers and hence the problem of unwanted kittens and eventually scavengers, parking of vehicles infringing neighbours' parking space, disposing of rubbish into the drains (as a matter of convenience), not in the habit of informing immediate neighbours should there be any change in routine (such as balik kampung), ...... the list can go on and on.

I am very interested to rope in the environmental committee members to do a walkaround and identify trouble areas which each and every resident can chip in to improve the environment. How about looking into the rubbish disposal system of each house for a start and the drainage?? This will at least keep the rodents and cats from rummaging and discourage the disposal of rubbish into the drains.

On the same accord, I will pursue the matter with the sub-committee.

Regards.

Anna

anna wong

Back to top Go down

Environment - complaints to MPAJ, suggestions and discussions Empty Foul Smell &...

Post by thomaswong Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:30 am

I agree with Anna. We can have a walk around to see how we all can help each other and also be more considerate. Probably they did not realise the inconvenience they are causing the neighbours.

Do let me know your plans and I will try to get time to join in.

Thanks

KC Wong

thomaswong

Back to top Go down

Environment - complaints to MPAJ, suggestions and discussions Empty Environment - complaint to MPAJ, suggestion and disucssion

Post by Admin Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:34 pm

Very Happy

Admin
Admin

https://sriangsanahilir.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down