Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gate and Fencing - Comments and Discussions

+11
rizal
nelliloong
58jalanhilir4
hashimee
Abukhairy Abdillah
bh
anna wong
thomaswong
brunong1998
Nash
Admin
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gate and Fencing - Comments and Discussions Empty Suggestion - Gated / guarded community

Post by Admin Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:02 pm

Thank you for everything! I would like to add one more item into the list. It 's only a suggestion. How about we make our residential area as a guarded and gated area with a minimum charge to all the house's owner except house on Jalan Hilir 3.

For your info i did write a complaint letter to Mpaj about the uncomplete main drain at Jalan 6 and Jalan 3 last year. Please refer attachment for the letter. Hope we can ask them to act immediately.

Tq
Jeffry
6 Jalan Hilir 6

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:00 am; edited 2 times in total

Admin
Admin

https://sriangsanahilir.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gate and Fencing - Comments and Discussions Empty Re: Gate and Fencing - Comments and Discussions

Post by Admin Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:03 pm

agree. coz case ragut and samun very regular dah especially close to my lorong no 58 hilir 4. scary la....
ninie@hrateguh.com.my

Dear All,
I think even those young couples on motorcyles normally (quite a number are school going children) hanging out at the corners and lorongs are also very unhealthy. They are there early mornings (before leaving to school) and late evenings (after schools).

Rgds
Dana (Hilir 6)

Dear All,
Thank you for your concern and views by responding to Raymond's e-mail. I'm staying at No30, Jalan Hilir 4 (end lot) where there some incident where couples are making "Love" in their car during midnight. What I do is, I purposely went to their car with torchlight pointing to them but surprisingly they went off there and then. In some cases my immediate neighbors house are also being a Theft prone during daylight. What we should do is to corporate each other by over viewing our neighbors houses and to ask questions to any person who we think they are not related to our residence.

If, at any time my immediate neighbors went outstation for couple of days, I normally switch on/off their porch light for them and in return they will also do it for me. We need to corporate each others to safeguard our residence area.

Regards
yasin

Dear Angsana Hilir Resident,
I fully support Yasin ideal, which I use to do with both next door neighbor. Each season, we use to pass our house key or ever allow using his car porch.

Regards
Chewlh(Hilir 4)

(I copied all reply above from the previous emails)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gate and Fencing - Comments and Discussions Empty installing camera at the road entrance

Post by Nash Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:12 pm

hi all...
gated maybe a bit difficult to pull off, since we need to fence off all arround and block a lot of access... what about installing camera at all main road entrance.. it can be streaming video, means all residents can access to the live streaming view, and alert (or record) any suspicious person/car/bike... i'm sure its a good deterrent... we can then put up signboard to say this area is under camera surveillance..

need to check the cost.. anyone have skill in this?

some sample here;
wireless camera: http://www.webcamproshop.com/900-MHz-Wireless-s/123.htm

some of the provider i found on the web..
http://www.mycen.com.my/malaysia/cctv_cameras.html

this website have online demo
http://www.aacgroup.com.my/

cheers
Nash
Nash

Back to top Go down

Gate and Fencing - Comments and Discussions Empty Re: Gate and Fencing - Comments and Discussions

Post by Florence Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:09 am

The gated and guarded community would be great for all of us, if the apartments just next to ours at Desa Pandan can pull it off on their own, we being a smaller community compared to them it should be easily workable. At Jalan Hilir 6 all the metal bars (barricades partitioning our Taman to the kampung houses) have been removed and they have made a lot of makeshift entrances of their own. These makeshift kampung houses I suspect dont even have proper sewarage treatment and everything is channeled into the big monsoon drain in front of Hilir 6.

To top it all yesterday evening there was a red car was being chased by a police car in Hilir 6 and they were really speeding I have nightmares imagining what would have happened if there were kids playing around.

Florence

Back to top Go down

Gate and Fencing - Comments and Discussions Empty Gated and guarded community

Post by raymondl Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:52 pm

I certainly agreed with several suggestions on guarded community and we should pursue for it. Nevertheless, there will be cost involved in putting up the fence walls, baricade certain side lanes and entrances. We also need to look into the deployment of security guards and the recurring security guards expenses. However, these are the challenges that we need to look into and the mechanism in place to make it workable.
I do have a suggestion that our fellow houseowners organise among yourselves in a group of 5 to 6 persons and take a walk around our housing area in the day time and to carry out a thorough site inspection to have a better feel of our housing environment before the AGM. I am sure all of us will have different perceptions on how to improve our environment.
Certainly, we should also look into the traffic circulation of buses taking children to and fro school, accessibilty and safety during emergency or fire.
From my previous site inspection around our housing area, I do have specific perspectives on the problems involved and hope all houseowners will also have insights into the issues involved and I am sure we can find some solutions.

raymondl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nash Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:00 pm

more info on the camera.. I will try to get quotation from the local supplier

http://panasonic.co.jp/pcc/products/en/netwkcam/index.html
Nash
Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by brunong1998 Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:18 am

Security camera is more of a reactive solution. I would support gated and guarded alternative as it is a preventive measure. I believe if we work as a team, we can pull it off. May be a sub-committee can study its cost and feasibility. I would be glad to be part of it.

I am sure most, if not all of us, have got something stolen. I have lost an aluminium ladder and countless pairs of slippers/shoes - so far.

Bruno Ng
66, Jalan Hilir 6

brunong1998

Back to top Go down

Post by Nash Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:25 pm

is this idea discussed yesterday during AGM? any news?
I missed the meeting due to travelling..

I'm not the original owner ( bought my house from Ahmad Muda).. from what I heard that last time there is already an attemp to install a gate at the bridge entry but they gate crash it.. how true is this?
Nash
Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:55 am

since this topic is gaining popularity, I think we can put a bit more focus to it...

cost is an issue.. rather than fencing all arround, maybe we just install a gate/barrier, maybe with card system?

attached map. proposed gate location. I'm not sure if we can do Jalan hilir 3.. Rolling Eyes

Gate and Fencing - Comments and Discussions Gated_10

gate like this.

http://www.magnet.com.my/products/Barrier_product/BR_BR500.htm
http://www.automaticsystems.com/family.asp?CategoryID=2&FamilyID=19
www.paxter.com.my
www.starcard.com.my

any idea?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nash Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:29 pm

hello All
I have called several supplier to come and do a bit of demo and briefing regarding the camera..
one company (http://www.aacgroup.com.my/) will send a sales representative this Saturday 10.00am at my house. Anyone free welcome to join me and see if this is a feasible solution.. no purchase commitment, just sales brief...

salesman: Max 016-2072021
10.00am Saturday 26 July 08

sms me if you coming at 012-9054044

sunny
Nash
Nash

Back to top Go down

Gate and Fencing - Comments and Discussions Empty Gated community

Post by raymondl Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:08 pm

Hi Nash,

Once again we wish to congratulate you for the good response to this blog and hope more houseowners as well as residents participate actively to report incidences happening in our housing area and improvement plans.
We have set up a sub committee on environmental improvement and hope that they will pick up the pointers in this blog. Thanks.

raymondl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nash Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:15 am

RE : QUOTATION FOR SUPPLY & INSTALL “MAG” BARRIER GATE SYSTEM

Item Description Qty Unit
Rate Price in RM
1. MAG BARRIER SYSTEM 2 set 3,500.00 7,000.00
MAG BR530 intelligent barriers gate – 4.5M octagon arm
Operating speed : 3 sec
Power failure : manual key release
Integration : Card Access system or others ticketing system
Manual Push Button – 2 way (Guard House)
2 VIHICLE LOOP DETECTOR 2 set 600.00 1,200.00
Bircher Vehicle loop detector
3 STANDARD ALONE PROXIMITY READER – 1,024 USER 1 set 900.00 900.00
Soyal AR721hv3 2’- 4’ Proximity Keypad Reader
MAG GS-SD Goose Neck
Nova 150 power supply with standby rechargeable battery
AR801CM Software 1 set 450.00 450.00
4 PROXIMITY CARD READER
Standard Alone 1.8mm Proximity Card 1000 pcs 5.00 5,000.00
5. WIRING & INSTALLATION
Laying cable with PVC conduit and installation (power supply tap guard house) and cable length not exceed 10m
Cutting of loop detector.
Installation, mounting of equipment and commissioning.

TOTAL : (RM) 16,050.00
Nash
Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Nash Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:28 am

Terms and Conditions
Warranty : 12 months warranty on equipment against manufacturer defect
Service : During Office hour.
Ownership : The installed equipment will be the property of the owner upon full payment.
Validity : 1 month from the date of this quotation.
Mode of payment : Upon confirmation 30% advance deposit shall claim prior commence work.
Balance shall pay to us on job complete and no retention of payment.

We trust that above quotation will meet with your requirement and hope to receive Your esteem order induce course. Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Jenny Tew
012-6506976
Sales Executive

i received the above quotation from one of the supplier. I invited them to the forum, and they quote base on the map given..

now, lets get quotation to have fully fence and 24/7 security guard.. anyone willing to pick-up a phone?..

Very Happy
Nash
Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Nash Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:44 am

abg rumah no 27 is QS cum contractor... boleh tolong quote pagar tak??
Nash
Nash

Back to top Go down

Gate and Fencing - Comments and Discussions Empty Gated Area

Post by thomaswong Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:57 am

Dear Nash,

Good proposal. However, the concern will mainly be the cost. I would expect the cost of the concrete wall along the Hilir 6 and along the TNB would be quite a bit. If the cost of the concreting is too big, we might have to consider in stages. I hope the residents in Hilir 3 and Hilir 6 understand this.

Maybe you can consider barrier bar as the opening and closing is faster.

Thanks

KC Wong

thomaswong

Back to top Go down

Gate and Fencing - Comments and Discussions Empty Car Stickers

Post by anna wong Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:08 pm

I am obtaining quotes from the Raintree Club supplier, latest by Thursday. Was told that it may cost anything between RM1.00 - RM2.00 per piece for not more than 4 colours, square in shape measuring 3 1/2 by 4 inches in size for 500, 800 or 1,000 pieces per order. Will pass the quotes to Raymond Kok in due time

Committee members, please confirm design and colour scheme and if agreeable Nash has given us some good designs to chew on.

Anna

anna wong

Back to top Go down

Gate and Fencing - Comments and Discussions Empty Gated Community - Taman Sri Angsana Hilir

Post by anna wong Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:35 pm

Dear all, in particular the committee members,

Great illustations Nash and so swiftly put together. In the nutshell, that is exactly what we have in mind. I suppose we should look into the most basic gated system as possible ie. without frills for the time being bearing in mind the cost and effects. We can always up grade in time to come to a more sophisticated system especially so when the residents are more at ease once we get our individual titles sorted out.

If we are to have 3 entry/exit point, then I suppose we need to have security personnel manning that number of posts. Looking at Desa Pandan gated community, they only have one entry/exit point and hence just one post; a considerable savings in terms of recurring security personnel costs. Perhaps we can look into what works for us bearing in mind the costs of doing so. Once we agree, we can then start looking into the costs of fencing.

Meanwhile, we are definitely in the right direction of having security personnel patrolling our taman. Just a reminder to the block representatives that it will be good to gauge the residents response to the said employment of security personnel at RM50/month taking an advance of 6 months hence RM300/house, whilst you are all doing your rounds to gather the Declaration, S & P etc. Mr. Raymond Kok's email will set the momentum for the residents to give some thoughts to it all.

Regards.

Anna Wong

anna wong

Back to top Go down

Post by Florence Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:38 pm

This is something that we really need. Talking about costs involved we must remember this is an investment because the value of our area will be perceived as higher due to the good security and I believe it is impossible to put a price tag on safety. Loosing 1 unit of air cond compressor, a bicycle or a chain being snatched is many times over if you consider the emotional impact as well as monetary.
Hope we work something out that satisfies all our neighbours and a very BIG THANK YOU to the safety/security sub-committee

Florence

Back to top Go down

Gate and Fencing - Comments and Discussions Empty Fencing and Security

Post by Yas Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:47 pm

Hi Nash,

I have been following up with all topics and ideas, just a thought to share, wouldn't it better to have a card system (eg. touch & Go, or the smart tag), I guess it will be expensive but its going to be a one time investment.

We can reduce the guards and install the card system at gate 1 and 3, as these systems will be fast so we don't have to wait too long during peak hours.

Lets see what our fellow residents have to say.

Thanks

Yas

Back to top Go down

Post by brunong1998 Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:00 am

First of all, thanks Nash and the committee members and all contributors for the special effort,,, some comments:

1. Have guard/s manning Gate 1 and 3 Only - so that we have people at both ends. We don't need guard at Gate 2.
2. The "steel" slidng gate (at Gate 1 & 3) is good to be closed from say 12am - 5am (need not be electronic but man-handle is good enough), complimented with a bar, which can be raised and closed easily with pass access from 5am - 12am.
3. Tembok with bricks is good - as seen in the design. Steel or wire fencing will not last. The thieves will surely steal.
4. This project benefits the whole community in many ways - better safety for our children, better security for our property, better parking space as no strangers will occupy your rightful area, and of course, the value of living and our property will improve.... some of these benefits are priceless - our kids, our quality living and peace of mind...

ANy other thoughts???

brunong1998

Back to top Go down

Post by bh Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:08 am

well done nash and your design proposal is very well illustrated.

some comments and suggestion :

1. electronic gate for all entrance may not be suitable. the reason is the respond time for the auto gate to open and close during peak hours may be very slow and will cause jam and long queues. further more it is difficult to control over the visitors or the people who wanted to send their children to the kindergarden. therefore a manual barrier gate control by guard is still preferable.

2. in order to have better control, we should limit to only one access points. gate 1 is ideal for the main access but due to the sharp turning and heavy traffic flow especially during thursday pasar tani time. i would suggest gate 3 to be used as a main and only access to our taman. and gate 1 and 2 is only meant for emergency access. for example only opened and guarded during peak hours only.

bh

Back to top Go down

Gate and Fencing - Comments and Discussions Empty Gated comunity of Tmn Angsana Hilir, Jln Hilir 4,5,6,& 7 only

Post by Abukhairy Abdillah Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:38 pm

Dear all,

Sawthe proposal, why are Jln Hilir3 been ommited from the exercise.
We are part of Taman Angsana Hilir.
Pls respond

TQ

p/s I have been supporting the TAHRA since its inception

Last edited by Abukhairy Abdillah on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Abukhairy Abdillah

Back to top Go down

Post by Nash Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:53 pm

Abukhairy Abdillah wrote:Dear all,

Sawthe proposal, why are Jln Hilir3 been ommited from the exercise.
We are part of Taman Angsana Hilir.
Pls respond

TQ

p/s I have supporting the TAHRA since its inception

Salam Abukhairy Abdillah,
I think Raymond Lee and Raymond Kok will be able to explain this further.. when I attended my first meeting last week, it has been decided that the main road 3 cannot be close due to legal issue and potential problem with the apartment and business centre. The guard patrol however, cover all road and residents houses.

For everyone to have a better and clearer picture on the proposal, may I suggest to everyone to joint the next committe meeting.

regards
NASH
Nash
Nash

Back to top Go down

Gate and Fencing - Comments and Discussions Empty Gated community

Post by hashimee Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:06 am

Salam to all:
First an foremost I would like to thank Raymond and the Residents Association Committee for their effort in trying to solve our land tittles problem.
I have been following the discussion on trying to turn our area into a gated community and also the various proposals such as the car sticker and the designed proposal.
I want us to think back the things that were undertaken before that did not produce the desired effect.
The first effort was to restrict the flow of traffic through our area by setting up a notice board (I think even the notice board is not there anymore).The height restriction beam at the bridge was also knocked down and isalso gone. The red car sticker could still be seen on a few cars. However thee gates at the various back lanes are still there and these have helped in making our backlanes safer.
Our area was never meant to be a gated property and as such we have so many roads going through it. I agree that efforts should be made to make our area safer but to turn it into a gated community would involve big capital expenditure such as building peripheral fencing and other. Even then our area can never be fully gated as Jalan Hilir 3 can never be closed off. IMHO we should get the consensus of the people that are living here before we proceed with this project and related project such as the car sticker.

hashimee

Back to top Go down

Gate and Fencing - Comments and Discussions Empty 2 side lane jalan hilir 3

Post by 58jalanhilir4 Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:48 pm

Why not kat jalan hilir 3 the 2 side lane tu instead of metal gate we just close the road by using concrete wall. Later definitely kalau guna gate ada yang nak minta lalu to go to shop. then problem with the key pula. Siapa tolong buka and which house nak hold the key..... so kalau tutup concrete wall settle prob....cuma approval dari bomba or mpaj aje la.......

58jalanhilir4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next